Monday, March 9, 2015

Trust In The LORD

"Cancer is but one of the many ways the body tries to change the way you see and treat yourself, including your body. This inevitably brings up the subject of spiritual health, which plays at least as important a role in cancer as physical and emotional reasons do."  Andreas Moritz

I have choices and I have time. I have Heaven on my side, and I have people who care for me.

I knew I couldn't be pressured into making life changing decisions without lots of prayer and support.  

My surgeon, void of compassion, gave me the grim battle plan. Due to the nature of where the mass is located, I would have to endure chemo (hair loss, blisters on my hands and feet, nausea, diarrhea...) and radiation (think an acid enema - chemical burn in the place the sun don't shine) at the same time, then, the lower portion of my colon (rectum) removed and for the rest of my life have to wear a colostomy bag. And yes, I know that there are worse things others deal with and, yes, if this is my fate, I'll woman up and deal with it. 
Everything was said, probed, tested and done. The ball was in my court.

I have Heaven on my side.
My first course of action was to take Hezekiah's example. He was a King in Israel and received bad news.

And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it; and Hezekiah went up unto the house of the LORD, and spread it before the LORD. 
  And Hezekiah prayed unto the LORD...   Isaiah 37:14-15
Then I waited. 
 G~d is faithful.
I began to receive verses from scripture. Not the hunt around and find something kind of thing. I've done that before. I ended up with...
Flip, flip, flip, close your eyes, point - "And Judas went and hung himself."
Flip, flip, flip, close your eyes, point - "Go and do likewise."
No, this was the "you know it's a supernatural thing". I'd be watching TV and a scripture reference would pop into my mind. I'd look it up and it would address the very thing I'd just prayed about - mostly a concern or fear. This happened several times.
And I'm not one to hear the voice of G~d on a regular basis.
Along with the verses, I'd be reading - scanning actually, a book or article and something would pop out. Something that addressed the very question I'd just had. Or, my mind would go into a mini melt down and I'd doubt my decisions or path I felt I was to walk, grab one of the books my naturopathic doctor, or a friend 
had recommended, open a random page and, bingo, the sentence that addressed my concern would jump out at me. 
Coincidence or coinkidinkles? Nope.
Next: I have people who care.





No comments: