Monday, August 13, 2012

Oh Baby! It's Hot.


Today, I'm taking a cue from my cat, Kleinah.  She understands.

We've been in a heat wave for the past week. And I need to put out this disclaimer. If you live somewhere that borders hell, then have a good laugh and move on.
Last night I posted on facebook, "Is it still hot outside?" It was around 8pm. My SIL aka son-in-love posts that it's 93 degrees outside. Yup, still hot. Then my sis-in-law posts that at 9pm it's 108 where she lives. She wins!
We keep our house at a comfortable 78 degrees to keep from having to go on the dole because of our utility bills. So, for the most part, as long as I don't do pilates in front of the TV, I can stay relatively cool.
I created a veggie lasagna- layers of noodles, mushrooms, gourmet yellow french bush beans, summer squash, (the Japanese eggplant from my  garden wasn't ripe yet - rats!), cottage cheese, provolone, mozzarella and a can of spaghetti sauce. It's chugging along in the crockpot as we speak. Let's keep the kitchen as cool as possible.

And this is were Kleinah comes in. Things I learned from my cat. Find a good comfortable place and - don't move! She knows how it works. The less you do, the cooler you stay.
So for today, I can watch the dust grow, the laundry breed and the carpet sprout another white something-or-other.  I shall follow the lead of my brilliant cat.
Oh, yeah. I see that book calling my name.

No comments: