Friday, August 24, 2012

A Vacation Every Week

 Today is Friday. For me, it means at the end of the day, after all my preparation is done, and I light the candles, I can rest. I'll have 24 hours to rest. Friday sundown to Saturday sundown. It's like a vacation every week. No cooking, no cleaning, no worrying. Ahhhhh.
Here's my plan of attack to achieve my goal:

I have my steak in a marinade of olive oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire and balsamic vinegar. 
I'm making some compound butter - butter, chopped fresh rosemary and basil, lemon zest and lemon juice. Then I'll roll it and wrap it in plastic wrap for an afternoon of lounging in the refrigerator. If you're rabbinic kosher, you can use Smart Balance or any margarine.
Tonight, I'll saute the steak in butter, (yes, I know, this meal is not for those who want to eat healthy) add oven roasted new potatoes and broccoliflower (a cross of broccoli and cauliflower) to the meal.
I have turkey lunchmeat sandwiches and chips for lunch tomorrow and I'll dump 2 cups of yellow and green split peas with 7 1/2 cups of water plus seasonings into my crockpot on low or 8 hours, Saturday morning for a supper of pea soup.
Makes my mouth water thinking about it.

Permit me to invite you to a few minutes of Sabbath rest. This could be yours every week.

Music provided by Ted Pearce - Psalm 23



No comments: